Let’s talk about SEO pros and cons.
There are many benefits to search engine optimization and not so many detriments.
The SEO pros and cons are as follows:
- Increased quality, targeted traffic to your site.
- Increased sales which helps improve your bottom line
- Higher search engine ranking
- You gain the knowledge you need to stay at the top of the search engine results pages.
- Eventually if you keep doing the right things, your site will be considered an authority site by human visitors as well as the search engines.
The cons can include:
- Having to spend the money on training. It can get quite expensive and you just never know if the information you are getting is as reliable as it could be.
- SEO information is always changing so much so that, to keep up, you need to continually be “in the know” and update your training frequently.
Do yourself a favor and take some time to learn the latest techniques and methods of search engine optimization as inexpensively as possible. There are resources out there that you can access for free that will teach you what you need to know.
Just do your homework and make sure that you do not do anything that the search engines will not like. Things that search engines do not like are keyword stuffing, invisible text, and doorway pages, among others.
Sure these techniques and tactics may initially gain you some ground in the search engine results pages but soon you will be discovered and penalized for your efforts and maybe even banned from ever being able to get on the search engines again.
Most of what is considered “black hat” these days used to be the ways things were done but, as usual, someone somewhere had to ruin it all for everyone else by abusing the system so now these things are not tolerated by the search engines at all.
It is your best bet to learn as much as you can about the “white hat” techniques and use them all to your advantage. This will be better in the long run because it will not lead to your getting booted from the search engines at all.
All it will do is increase your rankings and your business will profit from it. When you continually do things the way they are supposed to be done, you get rewarded by higher rankings, which almost always translate to more visitors to your website.
There are many ways to get your training for optimizing your website. You can learn on your own and initiate the things you learn as you go. This can be time-consuming but in the long run the information you learn will be with you forever.
You could buy a training course online and learn at your own pace or you can hire someone to teach you first-hand how to do the things you need to do.
Lastly, you could just go ahead and hire someone to take on all of the SEO pros and cons and do it all for you if you do not think you have the time or the inclination to do it yourself.